10.01.2008

Forever Strong

I started writing a blog about the economy, but BORING. That's all I can say. I lost interest and I'm pretty sure people are actually going to make something happen over the next few days, so it's all good. At least we didn't have 1.2 trillion dollars just flat out disappear a few days ago! Oh wait...

Anyway, I want to talk about the last movie I saw. The movie is called "Forever Strong." It was directed by Ryan Little, whose name you may recognize from a movie called "Saints and Soldiers." He directed that one as well.

If you have seen Saints and Soldiers, you know how good Ryan Little is. In Forever Strong, he tells another great story.

Forever Strong is based on actual events. It comes from the inspiring legacy of the Highland High School Rugby Team. Under their current coach, they have nearly 400 wins and only 9 losses. It's a remarkable record, but you have to see the film to understand the style of champions this coach has molded.

The story covers important morals and values that seem to be out of reach for most Hollywood films. It gets down to real emotions and situations that affect real people.

This isn't a very long review, but I think you should just go see it without me telling you more about it. I don't think many movies are worth a full $8.50 Friday night showing, but this is one of the few that does.

Go see Forever Strong.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh good, I really wanted to see this movie. But I wasn't sure if it was just another sports movie. I will definitely watch it now that you've recommended it!