10.22.2008

Another Week

I'm tired. Boo. I'm ready for bed at 7:30 pm. That's sad. I wish I could just go to bed. Good ol' homework.

Is it really Thursday tomorrow? I can't believe it's Thursday again. Things are happening so fast. I guess that's what happens when you are working and schooling.

I'm halfway through my first week at my new job. I started working at a film studio called Living Biography. You can check it out at www.livingbiography.com. As soon as I do something cool I'll post it here or tell you where to find it or something.

I can't really describe what I do over there exactly, but I am learning a whole lot and I really like it so far. It's been very fun, but very busy as well.

Now, I'm dummm and I can't figure out how to just put a blasted countdown thing on my blog, but I don't really care all that much. I don't want to take the time to do it anyway. I'll just tell you. I don't need it for myself because I have a countdown on my computer, on my phone, and in my brain. By the mouth of two or three witnesses...

By the mouth of two or three witnesses, Mary (my girlfriend) comes home in approximately 35 days. If you were to count that out right now, your finger would land right on Thanksgiving Day, for that is the day on which she arrives. Yay yay, hallelujah. Seriously. I can't type how excited I am. I should take a picture of it and then post it on here. That takes way too long though. Just take my word for it.

So amidst my excitement for her return, I am also starting to stress like a madman. I'm trying to save up money, but also pay for the things I need to buy, and also just be who and what I need to be by the time she gets home. It's not that I'm scared, I just want to be ready. So as it turns out, I'm really happy that time is going by fast because 35 days will go by quicker, but before I know it, we are at the end of another week and I feel like I'm broke or just about to be.

Anyway, I'm not overly concerned about it. It's just part of what's going on in my life.

Also, as much fun as the fall break was, it has been very difficult for me to get back into a school-goer mode. I go, but I guess the hardest part is getting my homework done. I was doing great up until then. I was getting to all my classes and doing all of my work and turning it in on time, but for some reason, these first few days back have been especially difficult.

Oh well. I'm over it. I can feel myself starting to take some responsibility again and stop wasting so much time doing nothing, or doing something else. I don't know.

So this blog has been nearly pointless. Well, I guess it serves as a good update.

Oh yeah, one more thing: my future in-laws are awesome. Seriously. They are awesome.

Awesome.

3 comments:

The Stevens said...

McKay, I am excited for you. This was a good "update" post. I can't believe the time is coming so quickly. Good luck with everything. I hope you guys can come down here eventually for a visit. Or you can live here, that's cool too.

Joey Shepherd said...

It's ok that you're broke. You should ask Joey and I how much money we had when we were first married. haha. Our in-laws are the best! Yay for Debbie and Lynn!

Shawn and Kimber said...

Ok, So reading that blog made me so happy. And for some reason it brought back a million memories. I just can't wait for Mary to come home and then I just cant wait til the two of you get hitched!! We will need to hang out a lot because lets face it, I need Mary. I need her strength. :) Anyway, love you McKay!!