11.26.2008

It's really here

This is it. It's really happening. Eighteen months have really gone by. Tomorrow, my girlfriend Mary Shepherd comes home from her mission. It seems too good to be true.

For those of you who don't know, Mary and I started dating in high school. After graduation she moved up to Utah State to go to school while I prepared for my mission.

I left, and she waited.

When I came home, she already had her call to serve in Geneva, Switzerland. We spent the next four months together.

She left May 9th, 2007, and I waited.

She comes back tomorrow night. Her flight lands at 6:30 pm in Salt Lake. I won't see her until after she is released from her full-time service, which happens at 10:15 tomorrow night. Then I'll be able to go and see her.

Things are so crazy right now I don't even know what to say. I'm not scared though. I feel good. I am anxious, excited, and I have the butterflies for the first time in a very very long time, but I'm not afraid. We have done what we needed to do at the right time and we'll be just fine.

So, I know that many of you have been counting down the days with me, and it's finally here. Next week I will write more about all this.

Thank you all for supporting me and being there for me. The only way I can think of to repay you is by forgetting about you altogether. Just kidding.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

McKay we are so happy the day is finally here. I'm sorry you are not going to the airport with us but I understand completely! Keep occupied today and she'll be with you before you know it. Our family has been crazy all week with the anticipation. We have been so grateful for her service and now are grateful that the time is here for us to see her again.

Annie said...

LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really am so excited for you. You guys are so great together and are meant to be after all this time waiting for each other to be able to serve the Lord and do what you each needed to do to be who the Lord wants you to be. i will be thinking of you at 10:15

Monica Kay said...

haha you're great mckaystevens. really, you are. i'm so gosh darn freaking happy for you. have fun tonight!