11.12.2008

High as a Kite...

These are some crazy times. I'm not talking about politics or anything of the sort. I just want to talk about how crazy things are right now in my life.

Between work and school, I have plenty of craziness to handle. For starters, I have been working with a small group of friends and we have been working on a film for about a month now. We started by sitting down and brainstorming a bunch and came up with a bunch of ideas and all that jazz and developed a story and started writing the script and filling in all the elements one by one. Tonight we had what I assume is our last official meeting before the shoot. We shoot on Saturday so we just have to go out and get things done tomorrow and make final adjustments on Friday. It's going to be absolutely hectic, but I'm way excited. We are going to enter the film in the Insomnia Film Festival that is put on by Apple. It's a 24-hour film festival. In other words, we have to shoot the edit and upload the movie all between the hours of 7 am Saturday to 7 am Sunday. Our plan is to be done much earlier than 7 am Sunday.

So that has definitely been time consuming.

With all that in the works for this weekend, I am pleased to announce that I am getting my wizzum teefs out on Friday morning. You probably are asking, "Why didn't you get them out before your mission?" The answer is that I did, but they grew back. Just kidding. No, I really did though, just the bottom two. So now I have the top two that have to be ripped out of my face for more than 500 bones. that's not cool. I get paid on Friday and most of that will be going down the tubes for my facelift.

So can you just imagine how I'm going to direct a film on Saturday on the side of a mountain in an abandoned mine? I know, it's going to rock. High as a kite.

Sidenote: if you want to know what the movie is about, you'll be able to watch it very soon. It'll be on websites and such so you can go watch it and vote for it cause it'll be the best one, regardless of what you really think.

The big one though is that Mary, my sweetheart, is coming home from her mission in two weeks. She will be flying in at 6:30 pm on Thanksgiving Day. Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.

As awesome as it is, I feel a huge responsibility to be awesome. That's a really hard thing to do. Anyway, I don't want to sound like I'm completely freaking out about this part, because it's really not my intention. I'm not worried about her coming home and what it's going to be like and all that jazz. I'm more trying to prepare myself because my life is literally going to change after Thanksgiving Day. I will no longer be a HUGE LOSER. Well, maybe I still will be, but I'd be happy to be a huge loser with an awesome girlfriend. (Huge in the proportion of loserness, and also huge as in the size of my body).

Well, I think that's a good note to end on. Things are nuts, but so am I, so we do well together.

1 comment:

Shawn and Kimber said...

So funny story for you...I wrote a letter to Mary in May letting her know about my wedding and about the plans and all that stuff. It was an awesome letter and pretty important (well i think so). Anyway, I haven't gotten a letter back from her and i've been all sad that she hasn't wanted to write me back about my own wedding. Well, i was cleaning up some stuff in our apartment and lo and behold...I found the letter. So now I feel super bad that she hasn't heard from me in like 6 months. Boo. But tell her I love her and I really want to see her!!