9.03.2008

The GOP Convention

I just spent the last twenty minutes or so watching Governor Sarah Palin address the crowds at St. Paul Minnesota.

When I first heard that John McCain had chosen some "no-name" governor from Alaska, my first thought was: "Well, I'm not voting this election I guess."

I have read several articles over the past few days and my opinion has begun to change slightly. I knew from the start that I was making a very ignorant decision because I honestly had no idea who this person was.

Tonight I was blown away by Governor Palin. She is a newcomer to the national scene but it did not seem that way tonight as she stood confidently and addressed the millions watching her all across the country.

After just a few moments of watching and listening to Sarah Palin, my opinion changed completely. Now, instead of being the downfall to the McCain Campaign, I believe she is now the strongest asset that this campaign has.

From powerful bashes against the Democratic Ticket to promises of faithful leadership, she seemed to posses and address everything the truly conservative voters perhaps feared was missing with their party this election.

I am anxious to see what kind of affect this speech has on the entire flow of the campaign. God Bless America!

No comments: